In Surrey, we believe we have an ideal climate. Typical of the Pacific Northwest, we enjoy mild and sunny summers that bring us outside and keep us active. Winters are cold, but not frigid, so we rarely complain about astronomically low temps.
In the early spring and late fall, however, rain can be pretty heavy and, as a result, our trees and other landscaping can take a beating. Given all that precipitation, gutters get filled with leaves, twigs, and all sorts of other debris, potentially clogging them and presenting problems that could mean damage to your home. That means caring for your gutters becomes a priority. You’ll need a Surrey gutter cleaning service that regularly tends to your gutters.
Why? Consider these reasons:
- Preventing water damage – If you’ve ever had a flood or any kind of water damage in your home, you know how devastating it can be. Aside from fire, it’s likely the most horrendous damage you can suffer inside and outside your home. Cleaning your gutters can go a long way to prevent water damage. When they’re clogged with any sort of debris, including leaves, rainwater will not drain properly. Overflow can cause lots of problems for the homeowner and result in overwhelming loss that will cost both money and time.
- Protecting your roof – When gutters are clogged, rainwater has nowhere to go. As a result, it may build up near your roof and cause damage. Your roof may begin to leak, or shingles and other roofing materials may rot over time. A leaky roof causes damage not only to the structure of the house but also to the items inside your home including furniture, carpets, and more.
- Protecting your foundation – Not only can water overflow pool near your roof, but it can also pool at the bottom of your home if it’s unable to travel away from the foundation. When this pooled water freezes and expands during the cold winter months, it can result in a cracked foundation, which is a serious problem that takes lots of time and money to repair. It’s a problem you certainly don’t want to face!
- Keeping pests away – Any time stagnant water and other debris piles up, you run the risk of attracting all sorts of pests to the area, from rodents to birds and insects. A pest infestation can be a real pain because getting rid of the little creatures will take time and money. With a regular gutter cleaning, you can avoid unwanted guests that could cause plenty of damage to your home.
- Saving money – While you might think that it’s expensive to hire a Surrey gutter cleaning service on a regular basis, you’ll likely discover upon pricing the service that it’s far less expensive than dealing with any of the previously mentioned issues caused by clogged gutters. Furthermore, with the right equipment, like our truck-mounted vacuum extraction unit, the job can be done quickly without interrupting you or your family.
In many cases, your gutters only need to be cleaned once a year, but if you live on a Surrey-area property with lots of trees or close to a wooded area, you may require two cleanings annually. Our experts can help you decide what’s best for your property and are eager to provide you with tips on how to keep your gutters clear in between cleanings.
For more information on our Surrey gutter cleaning services or to schedule a cleaning, call Advantage Gutters at 604-514-9886. We’d also be happy to talk to you about gutter installations, replacing your existing gutters, and other services that we offer to our clients.